This course uses an instructional systems design model to guide the student in systematically developing effective Instruction. Theoretical and practical issues in instructional systems design are examined. Other instructional design models are introduced. Lec 3, Cr.3.
Instructional Unit: The purpose of the project was to design a instructional training for speech coaches at the Hauser Communication Research Lab. Speech coaches will learn to use proper interviewing techniques using the STAR Interviewing method when engaged in a mock-interviewing session with students.
- IU 1: The Learners, their Environment, and the Instructional Goal
- IU 2: Conducting a Task Analysis and Identifying the Instructional Objectives
- IU 3: Writing the Performance Objectives and Assessments
- IU 4: Developing the Instructional Strategy
- IU5: Conducting a Formative Evaluation
- STAR Participants’ Guide
- STAR Learning Object
Cooperative Project: This goal of this collaborative project is to provide the reader with a better understanding of two Instructional Design theories: 1) The Bergman and Moore Model, and 2) The Assure Model.